There are multiple reasons why this is important and will make a positive impact on mobile user consumption.
- Globally, consumers are heavily reliant upon their phones to stay connected, live a fulfilling life and to get things done.
- Over 50% of all web traffic comes from mobile devices.
- High phone usage causes consumers to reach mobile service plan limits quickly resulting in need to add additional airtime (top-up).
- Particularly in emerging markets, consumers are looking for ways to increase the amount of data they can use, without having to spend any money.
- Consumers with prepaid plans are willing to engage with activities to add airtime without making a purchase.
When asked what rewards they prefer, over 39% of consumers responded that they would like to
reduce what they pay for mobile – a significantly higher percentage than points or free products.
Benefits of providing consumers with additional airtime:
- Leverages a high perceived value among consumers
- Serves as point of differentiation
- Reduces customer churn
- Provides purchase behavioural data
Billaway receives income from back-end engagement, so for the loyalty program provider,
there are zero costs to add airtime bill reduction for your members.
That’s right…zero marketing and promotional costs.